Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Sigh

Soooo I'm back in MD. I don't really feel like I'm getting married so soon. Maybe it will start to feel more real when I...actually I don't know when that will happen. Probably not until people start showing up for the wedding! I haven't even picked out a cake yet but I'm on a journey to do so tomorrow...woohoo! I don't really know how that goes. "So hey, I need a cake. Maybe you could put some flowers on it? Great. How much do I owe you?" ......Does that sound right?

In other news I got a letter and package from Ferry. Amazing. She definitely sent me a blown up picture of her head photo-shopped onto one of the bridesmaid pictures "just in case she doesn't make it to the sealing." She's so awesome.

I like being home with my family...my nieces are almost too cute to handle. And there is something about sleeping in the same room you slept in when you were 12. I love to be around all of the things that remind me of when all my siblings were still kids living/fighting together. Although, even for our share of arguments, we have all managed to become the best of friends. Maybe I'm just emotional because of the whole marriage thing, but I just lay in bed at night and try to remember everything about being a kid in this house as I can. I don't realize how much I miss my family until I get home and remember how much they love me. I don't know what I would do if I didn't know that I would get to spend forever with them. I feel the same way about Robert and his family; they are so awesome and I think I'm getting a pretty good deal. Yeah, I won't go on and on, but I am so lucky for the friends, family and soon-to-be family I have. Just so darn lucky.

No comments: