Monday, November 17, 2008

Coooo

Today I was a sitter at work. Sitter: a babysitter for adults in a hospital setting (I made up that definition). My patient was on suicide precautions (after jumping from a car moving 65 mph...and he was driving) so from 6-3 my job was to give this patient my undivided attention: Urinal, food, urinal, toothbrush, urinal, television and so forth. These tasks only take up so much time and the rest of the time was mine to do anything my little heart desired in a small, dark, hospital room. Unfortunately today is the first day I forgot my cell phone and Gmail was the only thing I could access from the hospital computer. Lucky for me there was a Desperate Housewives marathon on: Gchat, affairs, Gchat, someone died, Gchat, more affairs...
Also, a flock of pigeons settled outside the window. This was not-so-lucky. Pigeons are really annoying. They can literally coo for hours, and I'm pretty sure they were saying something like, "Coo, sucks you're stuck in a germy hospital room, coo". Pigeons are lame.

And in other news:

*Obama is looking to make Broadband as prevelant as telephone lines. So that'd be cool.

*There is an enormous selection of deodorant these days, you can pretty much smell like anything. I stood in the deodorant aisle for what had to have been 20 minutes going back and forth between Breezy Shower, Silk powder, or Forest Rain...and there were so many more.

*I bought strawberry cream cheese today, not because I particularly love strawberry cream cheese, but because it had a pink lid for breast cancer. Not only do I support breast cancer research; I support pink.


1 comment:

Jesse said...

coooooo
I've been semi-professionally surfing the internet for the last twelve hours at the law school, so I empathize.
I like the new(ish?) blog decor.