Monday, June 15, 2009

Ode to a Ferry

Well, aside from being one of the most amazing individuals I know, Ferry is more than that, she's probably one of the most amazing individuals YOU know...and she's my best friend.

Warning: This will probably get mushy, so if you don't like mushy, just don't read on

In all my history of best friends I don't think I've ever had someone more trustworthy or more loyal. I could literally be 100% wrong in an argument...and Ferry is on my side. How perfect is that? If I am mad, Ferry is mad, if I am happy, Ferry is happy. If I actually want rational advice (which isn't often) she is willing to give it, but most of the time her advice revolves around a genuine concern for what is best for me.

When we met three years ago (through my sister) I asked Kjersti...."Who is this girl, and what do we have in common with her again?" And although my first instinct (that we were/are POLAR opposites) was correct...somehow that works for us.

So now she is leaving me for eighteen months to serve a mission. Although I am soo proud and happy for her, I don't really know what to do without her. The good news is she is serving in the DC south mission, which means I can sneak out and see her when I'm home...but of course it won't be the same.

Shes leaving in TWO days to the land of the long skirts and early wake-up calls. Everyone will fall in love with her and she will be the best missionary ever.

3 comments:

Abinadi said...

Turns out, all totally true.

ferry said...

turns out i'm bawling right now....

chef salas said...

so you know the part when you said that she was the best individual that i have ever met. you were so on the money. hands down the sweetest person in the world;