Sunday, March 3, 2013

Chief Complaint: It's hard to use my words

Me: What brings you to the Emergency Room today?
Patient: Oh you know...
Me: ...is that a question? Because I asked you first...
Patient: Well you know, I just be like not like feelin right, you know. Like I be hot and cold and hot and cold and like my temperature be like all up and down and up and down n shi*.
Me: Mmmk
Patient: You know like I dunno if I be dehydrated or like you know if I be like stressed, you know. Like I be doin things and it aint right. You know like I'm stressed a lot and be like tired n shi*.
Me: K, so you have a fever and your thirsty, and shi*?
Patient: Yeah
Me: ...

2 comments:

cowbell kelly said...

I don't even know what to say.

Taci Merkley said...

Ha!

I read these and think - yep, so glad I am not in medicine! I would tell him to go home and quit wasting my time... No patience!! :)

That is why I work with numbers! They never complain, have fevers, or vomit all over me... ;)