Thursday, November 12, 2009

Sniffle, sniffle?

Is it wrong that I tried to convince Rob to stay home from class because I was sent home from class for getting all green in the face when someone decided to heat up a bean burrito? Did I mention it was a cafeteria bean burrito? Are you nodding your head in understanding now?

I mean, this is the third day of spending 13+ hours sleeping and the remainder of the time sitting on the couch, occasionally reading my Med-Surg textbook (woo, pleural effusion!). Is it so bad that I think Rob's time is better spent making jokes about my illness and watching movies like, Short Circuit in 20 minutes. Did you know the Indian guy in that movie, is actually a white guy, with a really terrible accent? Anyway, one of my classmates told me she was going to make me Hen soup and that it would cure me in one day. One day? I don't care what derivative of poultry I have to eat, I'll do it (except those really gross chicken feet they sell at HEB).

Well, all this typing and I'm ready for another nap...after I call Rob and send out another attempt to convince him that while he may be learning about the law at school, here at home he can learn about the Flu and how to manage symptoms for his poor, pathetic wife.

He'll be back.

Hopefully with Gingerale.

2 comments:

cowbell kelly said...

I know who you're talking about!!!!! I can't believe I never made that connection (the not-so-indian guy I mean)! I love Ginger Ale. When I was a kid my parents would make me drink 7up everytime I had the through ups. Now I can't drink it. Wasn't that a nice story:)

Susanne said...

Kasey I am so sorry that you are sick. Bean burritos would make anyone sick. Get well fast!