Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Orders of business

1. Rob and I are both finished with school, thank heavens. Although, we both agreed that around finals time we are so efficient and productive, what a shame to give all that up for reading non-text books, napping, and drinking all the raspberry gingerale (or in Rob's case, Eggnog, and lots of it) that we can stand.

2. I have been busy at work with my little amateur jewelry making (with the addition of headbands) and I love it. If nursing doesn't work out I think I'll become a full-time headband-maker. (Pictures to come)

3. Hot & Spicy Cheez-Its are where its at. Seriously.

4. We have been invaded by fruit flies. I can't figure out why they won't leave. Everything has been bleached multiple times, there is no trash, and everything that we eat has now been moved to the refrigerator. Lately I spend a great deal of my day walking around with my Windex in one hand, pointed like a 9mm, and in the other, a paper towel to squash the little suckers while they squish around in the bubbly blue liquid of death. The body count is above 50 but I can't figure out where they keep coming from. Tips?

5. My GPS broke, Rob's XBOX broke, my phone charger broke, and our internet has been broken. Electronics aren't really our thing.

6. I got pulled over the other night for "rolling" through a stop sign. Apparently 1 mississippi isn't long enough to stop. $200. The facts: 21 year old female, college student, newly married (she knew this because of the two different last names on the license vs. insurance), 2 weeks before Christmas, rolling through a stop sign...the only explanation is that she is angry and bitter and MUST hate Christmas. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it. Merry Christmas City of Pflugerille.

7. I did my Christmas shopping the other day and left the mall with lots of big bags in either hand with Christmas music in the background. It was so exciting.

8. I introduced my mom to Anthropology when she was visiting. Needless to say it resulted in a medley of unfinished sentences: "Oh my gosh did you see the..." "But look over at..." "Stop it, did you see..." "No, no, too, too cute, I mean..."
That's fairly accurate, don't ya think?

9. And finally, I'm so excited to go home and see everyone I can't even stand it.

2 comments:

Emilee said...

And we are excited to see you! Darn that cop. Maybe the City of Pflugerille was only $200 short for its annual Christmas Decorating budget, and they needed to raise the money STAT, and then there you were. Maybe she just loved Christmas too much to be merciful. :)

Abinadi said...

Tell me more about raspberry gingerale.

Your fruit flies are likely coming from the disposal in your kitchen sink. Good luck.