Saturday, October 9, 2010

Weird. I thought the "E" in ER stood for EMERGENCY

Today I worked triage in the ER (checking people in)

These are my top 5 Chief Complaints (which they fill out on a form and give back to me which makes it was more awesome because to write these words on a page just resonates crazy more than hearing them spoken):

5. To explain (apparently there were not enough lines on the paper to describe this man's many issues)
4. My daughter has a rock in her ear and she won't tell me who did it (If I'm 5 years old, there's no way I'm not selling out the friend who dared me to put a rock in my ear, but then again, loyalty has to count for something right?)
3. I can't breath (related to: yelling about not helping her or taking her seriously, oh and the pot soaked in formaldehyde she smoked earlier)
2. I'm having a nervous breakdown (copy that)
1. I caught my feet on fire (....)



OH. And my most recent theory that the ER contains some sort of magnetic pull for crazies was confirmed today when a patient from the 5th floor wandered into our waiting room and told us she was lost and didn't know how she got there. Coincidence? Hardly.

2 comments:

kjersti said...

i have a feeling your job will always be interesting:)

Lyle said...

Kasey,you, John, and my brother should write a book. It would be very interesting, with quite a bit of humor in it, not to mention revealing to the rest of us about what the ER is really like.