Saturday, February 23, 2008

Apathetic

Is there such a thing as a disease of apathy? Or do they just call that depression these days? Because I don't feel depressed. I am not sad, I am not sitting in my room staring at the wall thinking about absolutely nothing (is that what you do when you're depressed...I don't know?) Point is, I just don't seem to....lets say...."care". But maybe its not that I don't care, its just that I have overly cared about so many things for so long, I'm burnt out on all my ambitious cares. For instance, I care about what I eat for breakfast, I care about my nails always being painted, I also care about trips I want to take. So there's that. The only problem seems to be, that those things don't get me too far. I mean, yes, its important that I eat breakfast every day, but is it really important that my nails never go out in public if they've been chipped?

I should be caring about the physiology exam I have on Monday. Or even, the Pharmacology exam I take tomorrow morning that dictates whether or not I pass the class. But you see, I can't seem to sit down with my books and say, "Books, lets work this crap out." Instead, it comes out, "Books, lets watch hours of mindless television." Neither Will or Grace have the answer (However, Jack or Karen may). Point is, I'm not sure how to get out of this little slump. And by little, I mean this HUGE roadblock of production. Surely recording all these things in a blog isn't the answer. But if it were, I absolutely would NOT be here. So I suppose the question is, am I willing to just suck it up like everyone else in the world? Does anyone sit down with their text book and can't hardly wait to crack open those overpriced pages...and learn...for hours...alone...in the library? Maybe. But I don't buy it. So, there it is.

No comments: