Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Mustering the strength to turn that overwhelmingly large leaf....

I've decided that a series of new goals are (and have been for quite some time) in dire need of attention. I always have these really great ideas for improvement and making better use of my time...but alas...reorganizing my closet by different sleeve length and consuming mass amounts of food always seems to ninja its way in. So. With that being said,

Goal 1. Be up and ready to go by 8am sharp. (I know for most people this is an easy task, but I struggle with the snooze-button disease). I think it has something to do with that noise...you know, the buzzing, that unholy sound-wave that was forged from the Devil's hands himself...Its more like a survival instinct. I can't help but lunge out as fast as my body will allow me at 8am (which ironically is very, very slow) and unfortunately for myself, I possess the reflexes of a cat (a very large, overfed cat) and by the time I have pressed that button of freedom...5 times over...all chances at my waking up are out the window. Suggestions?

Goal 2. Since the hours professors give you as suggested study time are typically outrageously unrealistic, this is my official statement that I will allot 2 hours a day to each subject. Except for Micro...and Physio. So I guess that just leaves Pharmacology...and 2 hours might be overdoing it (its actually under-doing it). 2 hours it is!

Goal 3. Become more aware of my eye rolling habits.

Goal 3. Hang out with less people that make me want to roll my eyes

Goal 4. Start fixing my hair at LEAST 4 times a week. I've abused my baseball hat privileges. I pay 60 bucks for a haircut from a fantastic hair-dresser with the conversational aptitude of a can of hairspray...I should try to get the most out of it: and this does not include her reminiscing of when she was young and single, two years ago. You hear that Rockell?

Goal 5. Cut down on my disgustingly enormous amount of sugar-intake per day. A cherry pie, does not constitute as a meal. Unless it is Thanksgiving, in which case, it couldn't be more appropriate.

-Lastly, and most importantly-

Goal 6. Keep a record of 3 things that I am grateful for every day. Starting now:

a. Showers that make your skin burn

b. McDonald's $1 sundaes (with caramel AND hot fudge mmm)

c. Being able to disregard goal # 5 and embrace Goal 6b. Because I can.

There it is ladies and gentlemen. Reach for the stars.

No comments: