Monday, July 7, 2008

News

Good News: I have bangs! (Note: photo included at bottom of page)

Bad News: The nicknames that have ensued make me want to shave them off like in the 5th grade at Jamie Reid's slumber party.

==========

Good News: I have been officially accepted to Nursing School.

Bad news: I had my first class ever today and learned how to wash my hands for 4 hours...I've been living life under the impression that a little warm water and friction would do the trick...how could I have been so foolish?

==========

Good News: My trip this past weekend to Utah was wonderful.

Bad News: I seemed to have picked up a viral infection called Pityriasis Rosea. It consists of bright red hives...and spreads. I feel like that is all the needs to be said.

==========

Good News: Our new bishopric has made some much needed changes to my institute responsibilities.

Bad News: The new first counselor used the term, "fellowshiphood" in Sunday school while proceeding to record it on the board. *Flashback to the 7th grade when Ms. McDowell pronounced "sepulchre" as "se-pull-chur".........?

==========

Bad News: I have been missing Kjersti like crazy

Good News: Nothing has gone missing in approximately 30 days, 6 hours, and 16 minutes. (The connection to her marriage is complete happenstance)

==========

Good News: I move into a new apartment with a great location in a few days.

Bad News: I have about 5,100 ft2 less than what I had when I lived at home.

==========

And for the best news: I am silly happy. I'm so grateful that mom and pop let me move to Austin when I did. I have turned so much around and thanks to the influence of my family, friends, and the gospel, (and potentially Dad's A-type personality I inherited) I have had every opportunity to become someone that I feel content with. There are definitely things I want to change and improve on, but having the assurance that I am on the right path to making these changes is exactly the encouragement that I need. Things have and are turning out much differently than I could have ever imagined, but I would never change them or take them back. Bottom line is: I am simply happy.


No comments: