Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Ghost Nibbler

Last night Rob and I had some friends over for dinner and pie. I made a pretty huge casserole and the topic of leftovers came up. Rob had mentioned that since there were 8 kids in his family, you ate as fast as you possibly could with the hopes that you might get seconds. I think its safe to say that old habits die hard. Since Rob and I have been married he has made it a habit of sneaking around at 2 and 3 in the morning to eat the leftovers from that night. Needless to say I typically make dinner for just the two of us but that doesn't seem to change his worries of, "what if its not there when I wake up?"

Well, as I mentioned we also had pie. Today when I came home for lunch I pulled out the pie and found this.

Hysterical. Then, to top it off I went to cut a slice with my crappy knives and the blade broke off in the pie.

It was just one of those moments where everything is SO funny, but then you look around and nobody is there to laugh with you, so then you laugh harder because if anyone walked in you'd look like an idiot. Like this one time I flipped over in a round wicker chair and was left lying flat on my stomach with a giant wicker turtle shell, half laughing, half crying. How is it that no one could be there for that?!

I hope the picture does it justice.

3 comments:

Emilee said...

Rob has ALWAYS been the ghost nibbler. He was the best at finding mom's secret stash of bribery candy bars, too. Oh, man. . . that just made me miss him more. :)

Stepher said...

Are those his teeth marks right in the pie, busted, but he must have had a good orthodontist, they look straight and in line.

Lauren said...

This post was really really funny. I was quietly laughing, and would have laughed harder if my sister and her husband were not asleep in the next room! Love you Kasey!