Saturday, September 19, 2009

Houston

This weekend Rob and I were in Houston for Candace and Josiah's wedding. We went down on Thursday to be at the rehearsal dinner, then Friday morning was the sealing and Friday evening, the reception and ring ceremony.

The rehearsal dinner was in a beautiful neighborhood right on the lake, so naturally, after 5 minutes or so of introducing and mingling, Rob took off in a canoe.







Then the brides father took off in a canoe after Rob, but we tried to ignore all that.



The sealing the next morning was beautiful. The bride was still happy as ever even when the rain came shortly after exiting the temple. (By the time I got the camera everyone decided to pretty much give up on pictures which is why I am lacking a happy-couple-exiting-the-temple photo.

But I do have a cute picture of them at the reception that evening, and also a close-up of Rob standing dutifully next to the other groomsmen (of course Rob was begging all evening, "Kasey, don't forget to take some pictures of me up there...I really want to capture these moments..." So I did what I could).





Oh and in between the sealing and reception we went and got delicious Fish Taco's from a place called Berryhill...which seems weird to me because there was no pie...and then we went and saw Julie & Juilia. I'm sorry to say it was terrible. Rob abandoned me at the end because I don't think he could listen to Julia's voice any longer, and I was left alone with the middle aged women laughing and crying...not actually knowing which was the appropriate option.

Either way, we had a really good time and I have to say, after that movie all I really want is to try and poach an egg.

3 comments:

cowbell kelly said...

I'm sure if Mike was at that rehearsal dinner he would have raised Rob down to the canoe's. I want to see what Candace's dress looks like from the front!

I tried to read some of Julie&Julia and couldn't get through it cause of the huge amounts of swearing. Why was the movie bad? I had really wanted to see it.

Susanne said...

Fun blog! Josiah and Candace looked so happy. It was such a treat to hear they finally got to get married!Yea!

The Girl said...

It was good to see you there!