Monday, September 7, 2009

Rise and Shout People. Rise and Shout.

So I didn't grow up in a family of "deals", of "bargains." If I wanted to purchase something my immediate response was not, "but where else might I find such a perfect addition to my closet?" (I'll say closet because I know everyone was thinking clothes...where else could she find clothes) Anyway, it seems I have married into a family of deals. Apparently I have been lost in the way of purchasing things: plane tickets, televisions, clothing, food, books. And its like if you can't find that deal to partially or completely subsidize the purchase...what good is it? Need to fly somewhere? Do you have points? Need to get a TV? How many credit cards will you use? Food? Oh how about this website that basically gives out gift cards? Oh you mean you didn't know about that? *whispering and mocking at all those paying full price for their meals*

And I've decided something about all this "bargaining." When one of them finds a good deal, the news then follows a chain. Notify the wife, Lyle, Susanne, and all of the brothers depending on who picks up. And for good measure lets throw in an Uncle too, and most likely Jeff. You are not only saving money, you are one-upping the last so-called "good deal" someone found. That's when it translated to me. I know all about one-upping, not done maliciously of course, just a fun little treat to share the hundreds of dollars you saved on your new flat screen (or in my translation: finding the perfect pair of jeans to replace your existing pair of jeans. Take that).

I'm learning so much.

Oh and although I may be studying (blogging) on Labor day, this weekend made up for all the medical diagnoses I'm about to make up.


Hung out with Lauren (my sister-in-law) and the baby (shown on the left enjoying a relaxing movie with Uncle Rob), bought some new pillows for my couch (with some validation of their cuteness contributed by Lauren), ate Sticky Toffee Cheese from Central Market...incredible, watched a BBC film, and had a very happy husband who came home from the Victorious BYU game resulting in a whispering of "Cougar Nation" that continued for the remainder of the evening...into the next day.

And it doesn't hurt that I saw this rainbow the other day.

4 comments:

cowbell kelly said...

I love it!!! It's all about the deal!

Emilee said...

I didn't know that people existed that weren't about the deal.

lauren said...

I didn't either.

Stephanie said...

Kasey has figured this family (and Uncle Jeff) out in 2 months what has taken me 26 years to deduce . . . good for you Kasey . . . welcome to the madness! We are glad you are here, we got the deal!